Gaucho Style Steak
- Choose your cut of meat wisely – Che Garcia recommends rib-eye, Delmonico or New York strip.
- Pro Tip: Organic beef is also closest in texture and flavor to the world famous Argentine beef.
- We choose Double bone rib eye
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 table spoons Che Garcia Chimichurri
- A few lemon wedges
Let’s start cooking:
Let the meat rest on a plate for 20 minutes at room temperature before cooking it. This allows the meat to cook faster and evenly.
Che Garcia loves cooking steak on the grill and also on a cast iron skillet (a la plancha).
Salt the steaks as you normally would.
Trim a piece of fat from your steak to coat a hot skillet or rub on the grill.
Cook Times for medium-rare: this may vary according to the heat source. Remove from heat at an internal temperature of 110°F so that it carries to 120°F as it rests.
- 12oz. steak: 3mins ea. side on medium-high heat
- 16oz. steak: 4mins ea. side on medium-high heat
- Double Bone Rib-Eye steak (Pictured above; Approx. 5.5lbs): 8mins ea. side
- Finish in oven at 400°F for an additional 12mins.
Don't forget to squeeze a few lemon wedges over the steak as it's still sizzling!
Let meat rest for 3 minutes before slicing to allow juices to be reabsorbed into the cooked meat.
Slice, top off with Che Garcia Chimichurri, and serve over lettuce or your favorite salad.